Welcome to DP World Nhava Sheva and the Nhava Sheva International Container Terminal Pvt Ltd. Familiarly known to all as NSICT, India’s first private container terminal was set up in 1997 and was inherited by DP World as part of the P&O Ports acquisition in 2006. Built at Jawaharlal Nehru Port (JN Port), India’s largest gateway to container trade, DP World Nhava Sheva has long been a significant contributor to India’s development, and an exemplary example for all subsequent container terminal operators to follow.
Environment caring is our prime concern and we are strongly committed towards its protection and sustainability. 5th June is the "World Environment Day" and this year also we celebrated the week with good initiatives.
Following activities were observed on this occasion:
1. Tree plantation inside the terminal
2. Awareness campaigns through banner display, special tool box talks, environmental awareness movies, sharing environmental information.
3. Elocution and quiz competition
4. Tree plantation and Environmental awareness at local school involving students and teachers and quiz competition for students.
5. Tree plantation and environmental awareness at nearby village
involving local public.